Reduced price! EXIT#83 - AGUAS SALVAJES View larger

EXIT#83 - Wild Waters

Producciones de Arte y Pensamiento, S.L.

New product

EXIT 83 - WILD WATERS

More details

Data sheet

EditorialProducciones de Arte y Pensamiento, S.L.
YearJulio / 2021
LanguageSpanish / English
Pages144
FormatRustic
ISSN1577-2721

9771577272008-83

20,00 €

-20%

25,00 €

More info

EXIT#83 - Wild Waters

Some 70 per cent of the surface of our planet is covered by water. The billions of people who inhabit it live on the remaining 30 per cent, on dry land, because we stopped being amphibians millions of years ago.

EXIT 83 is indeed focused on wild waters; that is: rivers, lakes, aquifers, waterfalls, oceans, and seas. The central text, signed by Chus Martínez, departs from the idea of the ocean understood as a cultural space that can help to generate research on the need for including nature and the ocean in the centre of the conversation. The dossiers featured in EXIT 83 take us under the water through the work of Elspeth Diedrix and Tiina Törmänen, but also to the realm of fishing with the two diverse perspectives of Jean Gaumy and Federico Pardo. The closeness to the ocean as everyday nature can be seen in the work of Wout Berger and Elina Brotherus, who addresses the theme from a conceptual perspective. Another conceptual approximation to wild waters are Pablo Genovés’ floods or Roni Horn and his projects on the River Thames. The landscape from a documental point of view is found in the projects by Karen Glaser, Michael Marten, Edward Burtynsky and Jem Southam. Boris Mikhäilov humanize the subject through the potential ludic and social use of water. Lastly, Hiroshi Sugimoto brings us to abstraction and, probably, a meditation, with his series on oceans and seas branched along the horizon.

In Portfolio, the section in which we give space to the most interesting photographers of the new generations, we present Aàdesokan, Bebe Blanco Agterberg, Ana Caterina Pinho, Adéola Olágúnjú y Sybren Vanoverberghe.

EXIT 83 Wild Waters proves once again that multiple gazes at the same thing can be infinitely diverse, infinitely enriching.

Editorial:

Like water

Texts:

Chus Martínez. Initial thoughts on the Ocean

Artists:

Aàdesokan, Wout Berger, Bebe Blanco Agterberg, Elina Brotherus, Edward Burtynsky, Ana Catarina Pinho, Elspeth Diederix, Jean Gaumy, Pablo Genovés, Karen Glaser, Kevin Griffin, Roni Horn, Michael Marten, Boris Mikhaïlov, Adéola Olágúnjú, Federico Pardo, Jem Southam, Hiroshi Sugimoto, Tiina Törmänen, Sybren Vanoverberghe.

BUY YOUR DIGITAL COPY HERE: